RealVNC Limited of 50-60 Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JH whose Company Registration Number (CRN) is: 04446945 (“we”, “us”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice (together with any other documents referred to in this document) sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us in connection with our recruitment processes. Please read the following document carefully, to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the UK General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) the Data Controller is RealVNC Limited.
We use Teamtailor, an online application provided by Teamtailor AB, to assist with our recruitment process. We use Teamtailor to process personal information as a data processor on our behalf. Teamtailor is only entitled to process your personal data in accordance with our instructions.
Where you apply for a job opening posted by us or we identify you as someone we would like to approach to discuss working with us, these Privacy Notice provisions will apply to our processing of your personal data, in addition to our other Privacy Notice which is available on our website.
Your Personal Information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, we process personal details such as name, email address, address, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history and skills.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of all actions that you carry out through the use of the Services.
- Details of your visits to Teamtailor’s website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the site that referred you to Teamtailor’s website and the resources that you access – as per Privacy Notice | Teamtailor
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
Teamtailor provides us with the facility to link the data you provide to us, with other publicly available information about you that you have published on the Internet – this may include sources such as LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
Teamtailor’s technology enables us to search various databases, which may include your personal data, to find possible candidates to fill our job openings. Where we find you in this way we will obtain your personal data from these sources.
In some cases, existing employees can make recommendations about potential applicants and may add personal data about such potential applicants. In the cases where this is made, the potential applicant will be informed about the processing.
Uses Made of Your Information
LAWFUL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We rely on legitimate interest as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your personal data. Our legitimate interests are the recruitment of staff for our business. Where we process any special category data about you, we do that to comply with our obligations under employment law.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- To find appropriate candidates to fill our job openings.
- To help Teamtailor improve their services.
AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING/PROFILING
We may use Teamtailor’s technology to select appropriate candidates for us to consider based on criteria we have identified. The process of finding suitable candidates can be automated by us. Where a decision to not proceed with an application is made solely by automated means – for example using Teamtailor’s technology filter – you will be notified of this and have the right to ask us that your CV is reviewed by a member of RealVNC’s staff. Any final decision as to who we will engage to fill the job opening will be made by our staff.
How we Store Your Personal Data
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We store your data on an applicant tracking provider called Teamtailor. The personal data collected through the Service is stored and processed inside the EU/EEA, or such third country that is considered by the European Commission to have an adequate level of protection, or processed by such suppliers that have entered into such binding agreements that fully complies with the lawfulness of third country transfers or to other supplies where adequate safeguards are in place to protect the rights of the data subjects whose data is transferred. To obtain documentation regarding such adequate safeguards, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘Contact’ below). We will not otherwise transfer your personal data outside of the United Kingdom OR EEA or to any organisation (or subordinate bodies) governed by public international law or which is set up under any agreement between two or more countries.
You have various rights under applicable data protection law, including the right in certain circumstances to:
- access your personal data;
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- erase the personal data we hold about you;
- restrict our handling of your personal data;
- transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
Please keep in mind that data protection law is complicated, and these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with us or the Information Commissioner's Office, the supervisory authority for data protection issues in the UK.
The easiest way for you to exercise your rights is to contact us at email@example.com.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that all personal data is kept secure including security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to view it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet or mobile networks is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted through any online means, therefore any transmission remains at your own risk.
Your data is stored on Teamtailor, which Teamtailor confirms to us is robust and secure, it is deployed on Heroku and Amazon Web Services (AWS). Heroku’s physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Amazon’s secure data centers.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will hold your personal data for 12 months, at which point your personal information will be automatically deleted from Teamtailor. Your personal data may also be deleted in one of the following occurrences:
- deletion of your personal information by you; or
- receipt of a written request by you to us, where you ask us to delete your personal data.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org